Control panels for motorised shutters
The Mini Basic and Mini Standard controllers are changing, more information to be released shortly….
Control Panels for motorised shutters
Ellard: The Home of Mini Basic and Mini Standard Control Panels.
As the industry’s most popular and most used control panel for shutters, the Mini Basic and Mini Standard are a door fitter’s ‘go-to’ option and have been used within the door trade on various motorised shutters within the industry for 20+ years.
- Available as PCB only or mounted in an enclosure
- Photocell/pneumatic edge connectivity
- Adjustable time return (2-240secs)
- Extra radio module available
- Available as PCB only or mounted in an enclosure
- Photocell and connections for all safety edges
- Adjustable time return (2-240 secs)
- Extra modules for loop/radio available
- Programmable cycle counter
The Mini Standard: Types of Operation
- Dead man Open / Close
- With all DIP Switches OFF, the starter will operate in dead-man condition – I.e. the motor will stop when the control button is released.
- Impulse Open / Dead man Close
- Move DIP Sw 1 to ON position, the starter will operate at one press to open / press and hold to close.
- Impulse Open / Close
- Move DIP Sw 1 and 2 to ON position, starter will operate as one press open / one press to close.
In order to comply with current regulations, this condition must only be used in conjunction with a monitored safety edge system.
Auto-Close Timer (Dip 3):
This must be used in conjunction with a suitable monitored safety edge system and photocell connected and have DIP SW 1 and 2 turned on.
The Mini Standard controller has an auto-close timer that can be set from 1 – 240 seconds; its factory pre-set time is 15-seconds:
Adjustment of this time can only be changed using either the ‘ON BOARD’ or ‘MEMBRANE’ buttons, it is not possible using an external pre-wired push button station.
To Select a Different Time:
- Set DIP SW 3 to ON.
- Press open button and run door to top limit.
- When at top limit position, press and hold both the open and close buttons together for 5 seconds – the RED STOP LED will flash to show leaning mode.
- Wait for the desired time (1 flash = 1 second) then press the CLOSE push button once, the red STOP LED will turn off , the door will immediately close.
The door needs to travel to its bottom limit to store the new time.
Go Function (Dip 4):
With Dip SW 4 set to ‘ON’, the Mini Std V7 controller can be run using a single external non-latching N/O push button connected to the push button ‘OPEN’ terminal, or a single radio channel.
The OPEN push button or radio will now open a door, close a fully open door and reverse a closing door.
Safety Edges (Dip 5 & 6):
The Mini Std V7 control panel for shutters has been designed to be used with and to monitor different types of safety edge, these options include connections for resistive, pneumatic and optical safety edges.
If a safety device is activated during the close cycle, the controller will immediately stop, briefly pause then return to the fully open position.
If the AUTO-CLOSE timer has been enabled the door will close again on the expiry of the AUTO-CLOSE time or when the CLOSE button has been pressed.
Pneumatic Safety edge:
This type of safety edge is not monitored and can become problematic should any air-leaks occur.
For this reason, it is not compliant for new installations and should be restricted to existing / older installations.
- Ensure the pneumatic safety edge has been fitted correctly and has no air leakage
- Connect the N/C switch contact to (X4) 17~18
- Set DIP SW 7 to ON
- Set OPEN limit switch as normal and set the CLOSE limit switch to a maximum 50 mm from the fully open position
Electric Safety Edge (8K2 resistive type):
This type of safety edge is monitored by the Mini-Std, it senses any changes to the resistance value (8k2) flowing through the safety edge.
- Ensure the resistive edge has been correctly assembled and that the resistance value measures 8k2
- Connect each wire from the safety edge to (X4) 15~16
- Set DIP SW 5 to ON
Optical Safety Edge:
This type of safety edge is also monitored by the Mini-Std, It consists of a light barrier transmitter and receiver fitted into each end of the safety edge and senses any interruption to the beam flowing through the safety edge.
Only use FRABA compatible optical safety edge.
- Ensure the connections are correct BROWN (+12 v) GREEN (signal) WHITE (0v) and they
- correspond with the board connections (X4) 19~20~21
- Set DIP SW 6 to ON
Note: If any safety device is activated during the close cycle, the controller will immediately stop, pause, and return to the fully open position. If the AUTO-CLOSE timer has been enabled the door will close again on the expiry of the AUTO-CLOSE time or when the CLOSE button has been pressed.
After run/Safety Edge Monitoring (Dip 7):
Setting S1 Dip switch 7 to ON will enable the After-run function.
This uses the Close limit (set 50 mm from the floor) as a safety edge override limit.
When the Closed limit is activated the operator electronically overruns this limit (max. of 0.3 seconds) until a signal from the safety edge is received.
If no safety edge signal is received the AMBER Safety Fail LED will flash and the controller will revert to dead-man until the fault is cleared
Pressing the OWR (override) and CLOSE push buttons simultaneously will override the fault condition.
The Mini Std V7 has a settable service interval counter that can be set via the S1 Dip switches, each dip switch equates to a set number.
V7E & V3E
- V7 Mechanical Limits Only
- Everything contained in the one Unit (No Messy Wiring)
- Easy to remove board from Unit
- Isolated lighting to detect an error
- Quick and easy removable Lid
- 48 Different options for Traffic lights
- 3 Wire Mechanical limits, can accommodate 4 Wire
Need Refresher Training?
If you are need refresher training for this product or you are simply new to the door industry, please do not hesitate to contact us today to arrange product training. Alternately, our dedicated technical team are always available to assist with any issues you may have. The Mini Basic and Mini Standard control panel for shutters are permanently on display in our training room, so why not ask to take a look when picking items up from our trade counter? To read more about the various control panels for shutters that we supply, look here.