Our Product Range Consists of:
Flange Motors Automatic Sliding Doors High Speed Motors Fire Door Motors Sectional Door Motors Direct Drive Motors Auto Swing Door Tube Motors Barrel Assembly Sliding Door Gear Traffic Barrier - Niuba Swing Gate Motors Sliding Gate Motors Residential Garage Door Motors Safety Equipment Intercom Systems/Access Controls Gate Automation Training Courses
Folding Shutter Door Operators – Products and Applications
Two Folding Shutter Door Operator Motors Available From Ellard
- The FSD50 3 Phase.
- The FSD50 1 Phase.
- Both operators have an output of 50Nm at 50RPM and they are 100% Rated.
- They incorporate a Torque Limiter micro switch that stops the shutter at each end of its travel.
Torque limiter 1
- The Torque Limiter is mounted on the gearbox output shaft.
- It consists of two cups that can be screwed together.
- Inside the cups is a strong spring.
- When the spring is compressed there is greater torque.
- When the torque increases the plate on the Torque Limiter rises and hits the switch.
Torque limiter 2
- The Torque is increased by the shutter hitting the end stop when it is either fully open or fully closed.
- When the torque plate hits the switch the shutter will stop.
- This is referred to as “Single limit operation”.
- The torque can also increase if the shutter hits an obstruction.
Idler Tensioner Function
- The sprocket on the Idler Tensioner matches the sprocket on the T/limiter.
- The I/Tensioner is mounted at the opposite side to the motor.
- The tension on the drive chain is adjusted by adjusting the bolt on the I/Tensioner.
- To calculate the chain required, double the width of the shutter and add 1 Mtr.
Chain Gripper Function
- The Chain gripper is used to attach the Shutter to the Drive Chain.
- The chain is passed through the box section and the gripper pins go through the chain links (Gripper Closed).
- To operate the shutter manually, the Chain gripper is opened and the shutter can be pushed manually open or closed.