Safety and security of gate automation
Safety and Security of gate automation
Ellard offer a full range of effective and affordable solutions to your gate automation needs. Designed for any environment, public or private we can provide photocells, proximity systems and numerous types of accessories to suit you installation. The safety and security of gate automation has received an increased amount of negative coverage in the press recently.
Safety and security
The gate installer is classed as the ‘responsible person’ under the Machinery Directive this person must ensure:
- Health and safety requirements are satisfied
- The technical file is available with 24 hours of being requested (for example by Trading standards or Environmental Health)
- Instructions for use and maintenance are issued with gate
- Design calculations and schematics are created and files
- Declaration of conformity has been created and a copy issued with the gate
- Test results, for example force testing are filed
- Installation and maintenance log created and a copy issued with the gate
- Any component supplier conformity documents filed
- The CE mark must be visible on the gate
Ellard not only offer the motors and controls for your gate automation needs but we have a full range of safety devices, including photocells and force testers, we can also provide you and your fitters with training on all of our products, safety regulations and testing.