Smart Force Tester
The importance of force testing and new evolutionary force tester product launched by Ellard.
Are your doors and gates compliant? The importance of force testing cannot be underestimated by installers!
THE IMPORTANCE OF FORCE TESTS FOR GATES AND DOORS
Typically only referred to when installing automated gates, force testing doors and shutters has received increased attention recently.
It is not only automated gates that must be force tested, industrial doors, barriers and automatic garage doors must all be subjected to the same regulations and force limitations. Force Testing for doors and gates is subjected to a number of regulations and failure to sufficiently test on site or show evidence of EC approved testing can lead to severe consequences for fitters and employers.
Force testers are a handheld measurement instrument for determining closing forces of power operated doors and gates.
Mandatory annual calibration is required according to the DIN 18650 and EN 12445
Ellard have acquired a new innovative product for force testing.
Ellard present a new and evolutionary force tester. Thanks to the latest wireless functions, the BlueForce Smart is able to interface with a PC or the latest generation of smartphones, exploiting the graphic potential and connectivity of the internet.
- Downloading tests from the gauge memory and Pocket PC via Bluetooth
- Viewing the impact curve, and calculating parameters and averages
- Advanced graphics functions (zoom, limit mask, grid)
- Automatic evaluation of measurement results
- Graphic representation of the measuring points for all types of doors/gates
- Customer and door/gate database management, with Export/Import functions
- Automatic test report generation, for enclosure in technical file
- Print option for reports and graphs in PDF (printer not included, please request at time of order)
- Periodic upgrades available on-line
Testing is required to prove legal compliance, force testing is only part of he many check that must take place.
Moving parts must be tested include:
- Measuring over-travel for hold to run
- Measuring forces for limitation of force
- Testing light grid or laser scanner coverage and response
- Testing electrical circuits
- Measuring guard and enclosure apertures and safety clearances