JM Fire Motor Range
Extensive range of fire motors in stock from JM150 (capable of lifting up to 170Kg) to JM2200 (capable of lifting up to 1800Kg).
We can also supply the JM3000 & JM4000 as a special order item.
You can assured that the JM range complies with the all the latest regulations!
It is a legal requirement that motors have a minimum of 4 limits (for 2 travel, 2 for emergency)
All Ellard JM Motors comply with this requirement and many now have 6 limits to provide you with additional benefits
Ellard Fire Motors are considered among the best in the industry
- Available in 3 Phase, 415v or 1 Phase, 240v
- Available from 150kg lift up to 4000kg
- Low Level Override Mechanisms
- With or without brake.
- Fully pre-wired with 7 meter Push Button Cable Length and 8 meter haul chain included in price
- Supplied as Impulse Up, Deadman Down Operation
- Easily upgraded to accept any type of safety feature or include remote control by simply connecting the Ellard DC2 Controller
- Simple to adjust mechanical limit assembly
- Can be used on traditional shutters where side room is limited. Can also be used as a standard rolling drive fire motors
- Incorporates manual override function with controlled descent mechanism
- Full range of bracket packs available
- Motors are available in either 1ph or 3ph versions
Smaller compact PCB unit across the whole range
- Fully Compliant meeting safety and monitoring requirements of BS EN 12453
- Smaller compact unit across the whole JM Range (models JM150 – JM1000)
- On board PCB buttons to assist limit set up
- Full LED Status and Diagnostics indication
- Impulse / Dead man operation selection by DIP Switch selection
- Universal PCB fits both 1ph and 3ph units
- External accessory connection for Safety Brake
- External auto reset cable for solenoid units
- 6 Limits (2x Travel, 2x Safety, 2x Auxiliary)
- C/W 5m low level push Button Station
- 5m drop of manual haul chain to open/close door in the event of electric failure
- Manual brake release cord to close door
- Compatible with all optional brake release solenoid units (PP100, PP200, PP300, PP400)
- Fully re-handed
Accessories for Fire Motors
- Various solenoid release units available PP100 to PP400 including fusible link
- Wide range of anti drop safety brakes
- FDCP audio visual panels can be connected to photo beams, smoke and heat detectors, which allows full control over how the shutter will descend in fire conditions, including a partially closed smoke curtain setting. The FDCP also comes with an airport specification which allows an override of the closed shutter in case personnel are trapped behind the shutter.
JM Fire Motor Range
Single Phase Motors Models Volts Watts AMPS Gearbox Output Speed Unit Torque Nm Standard Sprocket on Unit Max Lifting Height(m) Lifting Capacity kgs RPM Torque Nm JM150 230V/1Ph/50Hz 90 1.8 34 20 11T 3/8 Pitch 4 170 6.2 112 JM500 230V/1Ph/50Hz 370 3.5 34 62 9T 5/8 Pitch 5.5 500 6.2 343 JM500 (BP8) 230V/1Ph/50Hz 370 3.5 34 62 9T 5/8 Pitch 4.5 600 5.1 413 JM750 230V/1Ph/50Hz 370 3.5 22 95 10T 5/8 Pitch 7 750 3.4 607 Three Phase Motors Models Volts Watts AMPS Gearbox Output Speed Unit Torque Nm Standard Sprocket on Unit Max Lifting Height(m) Lifting Capacity kgs RPM Torque JM200 400V/3Ph/50Hz 120 0.7 34 30 11T 5/8" Pitch 4 200 6.2 165 JM500 400V/3Ph/50Hz 250 0.9 34 62 9T 5/8" Pitch 5.5 500 6.2 343 JM500 (BP8) 400V/3Ph/50Hz 250 0.9 34 62 9T 5/8" Pitch 4.5 600 5.1 413 JM750 400V/3Ph/50Hz 300 1.2 22 95 10T 5/8" Pitch 7 750 3.4 607 JM1000 400V/3Ph/50Hz 370 1.5 22 128 9T 3/4" Pitch 7 1000 3.5 810 JM1500 400V/3Ph/50Hz 750 2.8 15 368 11T 1" Pitch 13 1500 3.4 1610 JM2200 400V/3Ph/50Hz 750 2.5 16.5 427 14T 3/4" Pitch (Duplex) 14 1800 3.2 2500
What is the Fire Rating for an Ellard Roller shutter?
It is the roller shutter that is fire rated rather than the Ellard motor. Therefore you would have to refer back to whom you bought the roller shutter from
What industrial door motors do you sell?
Here at Ellard ltd we specialise in supplying industrial door motors and supply a comprehensive range of motor types and models. This includes, direct drive, flange, sectional, garage door and tubular motors. Our selection is vast, so for a comprehensive list of our products and specifications you can visit our dedicated pages or get in touch with our expert team.
Do your traffic barriers have obstacle detection?
Yes, our Nubia traffic barrier has built in intelligent controllers which offer obstacle detection and built in lights to make them easy to see in the dark or in bad weather.
What are the benefits of direct drive motors?
Direct drive motors remove the need to use an elaborate system of cogs. This means that the full power of the motor goes straight into the pulling mechanism, making it an extremely efficient motor. Without the extra mechanisms, it also has a very low sound output comparatively to other methods.
Why should I use a fire motor as part of my fire safety plan?
Fire motors are often connected to your fire detection system and activate if fire is detected on your premises. They quickly and efficiently close helping to contain the fire and keep your employees/customers safe from the dangerous area. Government legislation requires that all fire doors must have an automatic function and all Ellard fire motors comply with the latest rules and regulations. All motors can be set to a Smoke Curtain mode, and our new Fire Door Control Panel has a panic circuit function to guarantee a means of escape.This allows you to re-open the shutter 3/4 then immediately re-close when fire alarm is still active.
Can I link specific access controls to my gate automation system?
Yes, our gate automation systems can be linked to keypads, switches, intercom systems and key switches, dependant on your specifications or security requirements. Take a look at the range of controls and accessories available for gate automation.
Can I add extra features to my sectional door drives?
Yes, we ensure that your sectional doors have easy wiring to add safety and access accessories.
What are the main applications for high speed motors?
High speed motors are used for a wide range of purposes and can increase the efficiency of companies when time is of importance. Beverage, food, car and chemical factories often use high speed motors both to increase productivity and provide a security barrier. They can also be interlocked to create a airlock function
What size strips do you supply your sliding door gear track?
Our track sections are cold rolled and in standard lengths of 2,000, 2,500 and 3,000mm and can be used for both side or top fixing. If you would like to learn more about our sliding door gear then please get in touch with our team.
Which motors are most commonly used for shutters and garage doors?
Tubular motors are the most common place motor for roller garage doors and shutters. They provide a durable, fast and quiet solution for both light and heavy applications. Tubular motors can be plugged into the mains through our easy fit panel to give you low voltage at the key switch or are backed up with battery power. Additionally, we provide garage door automation for sectional and balanced doors.